Jimmy Song is an early pioneer of Bitcoin and creator of Programming Bitcoin. In this chat we discuss technology in his childhood, what Bitcoin is and how it works, what makes Bitcoin valuable, its deflationary features and the Bitcoin halving, BTC vs BCH vs BSV, Bitcoin not blockchain, and the future of Bitcoin.
Jimmy Song is a Bitcoin developer, educator and entrepreneur. He’s an open source contributor to many different Bitcoin projects and is the author of Programming Bitcoin from O’Reilly and The Little Bitcoin Book. Jimmy is a lecturer at the University of Texas in Austin and is a speaker at various Bitcoin conferences around the world.
Buy his book or course: https://programmingbitcoin.com/
- What were you doing before bitcoin?
- How did you first discover bitcoin?
- Were you into technology as a child?
- What made you focus so much of your time on teaching Bitcoin blockchain programming?
The Case For Bitcoin
- What is Bitcoin? How does Bitcoin work?
- What are the key features of Bitcoin that make it so valuable?
- What is proof of work? How does it work?
- What makes Bitcoin deflationary? How do you view the Bitcoin halving?
- Is Bitcoin a store of value or payment network?
- Why do places like Latin America need Bitcoin?
- BTC vs BCH vs BSV
- Why Bitcoin not blockchain?
- Do you like other governance models like PoS?
- How do you see Bitcoin affecting the world in the next 10-20 years?
- How do you want to impact blockchain and bitcoin?
- Do you think robots will be the next generation of humans?