Thomas Glucksmann is VP of Merkle Science. In this chat we discuss how crypto criminals hide transactions, current trends their using for illegal activities, how to monitor transaction history, challenges for law enforcement, and how to detect illegal activity on blockchain.
Thomas is a multilingual business development, product management and marketing professional with extensive experience working with and for companies providing financial technology solutions and services. He has been professionally involved in the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry since 2013, having previously worked at exchanges Mt.Gox and Gatecoin and enterprise blockchain services provider Diginex. Thomas is currently Vice President of Global Business Development at Merkle Science, a Singapore-based blockchain monitoring company that provides compliance and investigative tools to detect and prevent illegal use of cryptocurrency.
Learn More Here: https://merklescience.com/
- Please discuss your background in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space?
- What was the experience like working at Mt.Gox at such a young age in this brand new industry?
- What is Merkle Science?
- What percentage of Bitcoin transactions are currently used for illegal activities?
- How can crypto criminals hide transactions and make them hard to trace?
- What are some current trends that crypto criminals are taking advantage of?
- How do you monitor a transactions history?
- How does Merkle Science detect illegal use of cryptocurrency?
- What major challenges is law enforcement facing when trying to detect financial crime and criminal activity with crypto?
- What challenges are business’s facing when trying to stay compliant?
- How can financial institutions use the service to ensure compliance of local law?
- What have been the biggest improvements in tech since the early days of Bitcoin?
- How does the Japan market differ from other jurisdictions?
- What would your advice be to regulators to encourage innovation but keep the crypto market safe?
- What do you think will be the most impactful evolutions of decentralization?
- Can Bitcoin be banned?
- How do you want to impact blockchain and cryptocurrency?
- Do you think robots will be the next evolution of humans?